- DocMastR - allows any person who receives an email transmittal, to download a document, with or without registration.
- In addition, the Document Controller can select the method of transmittal (email attachment or FTP).
- Useful in regulated industries where procedures have to be evidenced by their corresponding signatures and the date(s) on which the document was stamped and signed.
Dynamic Document Register
- Automatically available as a pdf for client status reporting.
- Document Controller Creates Transmittal.
- The Transmittal “Send” action triggers a workflow to send the Transmittal to the Project Manager for review. The Project Manager can:
- Approve Transmittal – in which case it is automatically sent to the client and distribution list.
- Reject Transmittal – in which case it is returned to the Document Controller with comments.
- Delete Transmittal – in which case the Transmittal is deleted.
Automated Completion, Handover and Data-book Management
- Data-book Creation.
- Data-book Revision Management.
- Look-Ahead reports are pro-active and alert document owners of the documents due within the look-ahead period, thus they assist in forward planning individual’s workloads
- Project Deliverables; all documents that, at the date of the report, are due to be issued by the company to the Client within the coming 30 days. To include all documents that have yet to be issued for the first time as well as documents that have been returned from Client with comments and require further input and re-submission
- Client Documents; reports all documents that, at the date of the report, are due to be issued by Client within the coming 30 days. This should include documents that have yet to be issued for the first time as well as documents that have been returned to the Client with comments and require further Client input and re-submission
- Late reports result in a reactive response. Documents appear on the Late report either because the forecast issue date was unrealistic in the first place, in which case it should be re-forecast, or, because Client, company or Vendor are overdue creating or reviewing the document
- Project Deliverables all documents that, at the date of the report, are over-due being issued by the company to the Client. Documents that have yet to be issued for the first time as well as documents that have been returned from Client with comments and require further input and re-submission
- Client Documents all documents that, at the date of the report, are over-due being issued by Client. This should include documents that have yet to be issued for the first time as well as documents that have been returned with comments and require further Client input and re-submission within a specified time
Live Client Review
- Transmittal cover sheet with a live client review.
- When clicking this link a secure web page is opened onto which the client can attach documents for return to the Engineering Company and entry into the Document Management System.
- Against each document the client can enter a client review code (approved, approved with comment, rejected).
Workflow & Email Notification
- Document review processes applied when adding or checking in documents.
- Reviewer can approve or reject a new document or a changed document.
- Workflow expiration times for escalation to senior management.
- Email notification workflows for file authorization processes.
- Allows for departmental "reviewers" to authorize or decline files for publication to the repository.
- Where documents are checked in or out of the document management system, allowing users to retrieve previous versions and to continue work from a selected point.
- Versioning is useful for documents that change over time and require updating, but it may be necessary to go back to or reference a previous copy.
Permission Based File Control
- Read/write/admin/forbidden for individual files based on users or groups or both. User and file configurable
- Confidential (Superuser and User access only - document cannot be transmitted )
- Private (Admin and User access - document can be included in transmittal )
- Public (Client/Vendor access - document can be included in transmittal )
File Based History
- An absolute full history of actions.
Archiving function for deleted files
- Files that are deleted are put into an "archive" state and can be left there until un-archived, or permanently deleted.
Document Management vs Document Control
- Document Management is management of "everyday" documents that generally have a short lifespan and in most cases have a single version existence.
- Document Control is the management of documents through the document life cycle to a much higher degree of reliability for security, version control, review cycle, visibility, availability and most importantly audit trail.
- Document Control is a regulatory requirement for many lines of business.
Document Stamping and Digital Signatures